DAMMIT, SELF, STAY AWAY FROM THE FREAKING SPOILER THREADS.
I picked the wrong time to go poke the Mastiff board at Goldenlake. Now I'm two-thirds of the way through the book, spoiled, distressed, and too tired to finish reading tonight.
Also my knee hurts.
Now that it's Monday, I've been finished with Mastiff for two days and I'm still reeling. I loved it, even though it broke both my brain and my heart into itty bitty pieces. I dreamed about it Saturday night -- I think I was Beka in the dream? I'm not sure. Anyway, I'll put up a longer post on that if/when I can get my thoughts in some kind of order. For now, have a warning: likely spoilers in comments.
My knee still hurts, casualty of a 6.7 mile run/walk on Friday. But it was so worth it, just because there was a stretch of a couple of miles in the middle where it felt like we could run forever. I haven't had that feeling since... early October, maybe? It was grand.
I'm getting in the habit of stretching again, which is why it was possible to go so far at all. During the summer I was cross-training by biking 1-2 days a week, and I stopped stretching before runs because it didn't seem to make any difference. It does now. I'm going through some basic leg stretches before and after running, as well as in the morning on days I don't run and before bed every day, and the leg pain that plagued me through most of November is gone.
Other things that are gone/done, or nearly so:
- NaNoWriMo (I finished November 29).
- The suspense over what happens in Mastiff.
- Ficmas fics (the one I wrote, and the awesome one written for me).
- The owners of my company (out of the country from the past weekend until late March of 2012! Which will make all of our lives so much easier!)
- College football season and the ridiculous weekends it brings me (last game was November 26).
- My epic rewatch of Star Trek: The Next Generation (I have just six episodes to go and the next two days off work).
- The little monsters I'm knitting for the out-of-state nephews (should have them done by Wednesday, too).
Meaning... I don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself. I have other holiday giftie stuff to knit, and I just acquired a book that gives awesome detailed instructions on knitting sweaters to fit boobs and other curves, so I am not going to be bored. But I have to/get to make some decisions!
Speaking of: I need to settle on a new show, too. Candidates include:
- the original Star Trek
- Deep Space Nine
- the rest of Missing
Comments from the peanut gallery?
Er, sometime I need to get serious about reading source material for Yuletide, too. Maybe Wednesday? And sometime I need to put together an episode guide for Guinan episodes for where_no_woman.
Or, you know, I could reread Mastiff and then write heaps of fic for it instead of doing anything else, ever. That would be cool, too.